AQA GCSE Chinese Textbook 1 is the first part of a new two-part series aimed at students with some prior knowledge of Chinese. In order to begin this book, students should have a knowledge of about 200 words, and should be able to write 50-100 characters. This course is aligned to AQA’s new GCSE Chinese specification and is written with the requirements of non-heritage learners in mind. Key features of this textbook include:
- Pinyin supporting text – pinyin is written underneath selected characters to aid the student with pronunciation.
- Writing characters – by the end of the book, students will be able to write between 225-300 characters.
- Clear explanations on grammar and word use – non-technical language is used for all explanations.
- Cultural knowledge – ample information is provided on Chinese culture, both ancient and modern.
- A global perspective – students get a good exposure to a variety of places where Chinese is spoken.
- Differentiated approach – this textbook presents a wide range of activity types, from word creation to creative writing.
- Written for the new GCSE specification and approved by AQA – a useful GCSE Themes Finder section is included which shows the relevant units that cover each of the new GCSE themes.